Thursday, July 12, 2012

No longer marking days...

Nope. Essentially everything from here on out will just be projects. A lot has happened since the boat was put on the trailer so I'll briefly bring you up to date.

In the last post the boat had been put on the trailer, but the shed floor and two walls were still left. A neighbor offered to buy what was left so off it went. I went over later the next day to start breaking it down and it turns out he brought his three boys over and they had gone to town. This is all that was left.


They came over later that night and collected the rest. I went through and cut all the joints out of the PVC pipe and piled it and the conduit up into piles to sell.



Then it started raining again, record rainfall. So I tarped the back of the boat to wait it out.

The motor arrived on Tuesday and with a couple hours off from work today I took the boat over to the shop and I helped Mark and Ben hang the motor. Then with the occasional helpful comment from Ben and parts from Mark I installed the prop, the shifter and throttle cables, connected the wiring harness, installed the battery cables and pretty much cleaned everything up. Ben inspected my work and made a tiny adjustment in the throttle cable as I wouldn't have been able to take the engine to full throttle. "No big deal," he said, "I sometimes do that intentionally for certain customers."

:-)

Ben covered a few details that I didn't know anything about and then I took it all home.





Now it's a boat. I've the steering system to install tomorrow and run replacement fuel line as it turns out I need to run 3/8" all the way to the engine, not 5/16" from the filter. Need a couple fittings to fix that up.

Off to read manuals!

3 Hours