Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 232 - Another work interruption...

Sigh, work once again interrupted. We had an emergency in Yakutat, which meant I got to spend two days either frantically working to get things done, or waiting for parts to show up on the plane. Typical bush work, however it did come with one benefit. I discovered that the owner of the WWII era hanger there also owns a C-47 (or DC-3) and I got to poke around it!


I also got to go for a walk on the beach and discovered a brown bear had walked there before me. That's my size 12 boot in the picture.


Anyways, back to boat building. First thing up Sunday was installing doors and the seat in the cuddy.




Now there's a wee bit of a problem with the doors in the center picture. Even with the latch the doors will swing open! Hrmmm... gonna have to think about that one.

A coat of white paint was added in the helm area.


And then I got to work on the pieces for the frames on the inside of the front windows. I cut 3" square blocks of 1/4" plywood, cut two patterns, traced them on the blocks and cut them out with the jig saw. More white painting then ensued.


Tis' Fathers day, so broke off early to celebrate.

4.5 Hours