Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 236 - Wiring away

No pictures tonight, phone went dead! Pictures added!

So tonight was a wiring and light install night. The port and starboard navigation lights on their blocks were siliconed to the side.



I then spent almost an hour fishing pull strings across the forward header. In the end I had to make the hole on the port end larger and drill a hole in the bottom, right in the middle because I got the fish tape stuck between the inside wood and the vertical pipe to the roof. :-( Big Ding Dang Durn It.



Wire was pulled for the two nav lights, the port side light, stern light, galley light and captains' light, and all the wires labeled. The wire for the nav lights was spliced together. The port, galley and captains light fixtures were screwed to their round mounting plates to get the screws in place, then the screws were removed and each plate had a ring of silicone applied and a single screw put in the center to hold it to the ceiling. The lights were spliced to their respective wires and screwed in place.






I'm using little plastic wire retaining mounts that are screwed to the ceiling and then a zip tie holds the wire in place. All of those were done for the port side light. I'll get the galley and captains lights tomorrow.

Since I haven't finished painting the mounting plate for the stern light, that wire is looped through the roof handholds to keep it out of the way for now.

The outside temperature sensor was mounted in place with a small amount of silicone to back up the rubber gasket.


The ignition key was installed. I didn't make vroom, vroom, noises, but I have to admit to turning the key a few times in anticipation. :-)


The gauge was installed. I have a suspicion I'm going to have to change how I have it mounted. It's well below the sight line and unless it has a god angle of view, it may be to low to see.

On the way out, more painting as usual. Another coat on the bottom of the counter top, back side of the shifter/throttle and the bottom of the transom well.

Worked late tonight.

4 Hours