Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 241 - Termination

Major wiring began today. After spending some time cleaning up around the outside of the side windows (which still needs more work) I got down to the wiring.

The switches were installed in the panel.


There are more than I need, but they're kind of a pain to install so it's best to do them now. The empty hole top right will be for a push button if I install a horn.

Then it was around to the back side.


It looks a bit of a mess right now, but it'll clean up as I start to bundle wires. Essentially what you see right now is: the switch panel upper left, the gauge upper right, the vertical strip in the middle is for the nav lights (one power and ground in, port, starboard and stern out), the fuse block is center bottom, wires for all the lights are coming in from the middle left, that yellow wire is part of the cabling coming from the shifter/throttle, the black wires coming up from the middle bottom are ground wires to the fuel tanks and the big thick one wrapping up over the bottom edge is from the engine. What's not in the picture is the main power wire. That will get terminated tomorrow as I'm borrowing a very large crimp tool from work for those connectors.

No painting tonight as I wasn't paying any attention to the time and when I did look it was 10pm. Oops. :-)

3.5 Hours