Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 30 - No more PINK!

Well, actually there's lots of pink, but I won't have to handle it anymore. I finished taking down the last of the plastic and finished the other side and end walls. I need just a *little* more, but I'm not going to break open a 25' roll just for four feet. Somehow I managed to buy way to much fiberglass and thinking about it on the way home it dawned on me that I failed to allow for splitting the batts in half. Duh.

Got the other two PVC ribs in and they have mostly, if not fully, pushed the ceiling back up into place. I've essentially doubled four of the nine ribs, so if I need more I can double the other five.

Photos from opposite corners.



Did a bunch of clean up and organization and am looking forward to getting back to boat building tomorrow. Yay! Shelves to finish laying out, cutting, scarfing and glue up. I also need to cut to length the bottom pieces of 1/2" ply and glue on the 1/4". I'm really tempted to extend the boat another six inches since I'll be cutting off almost a foot from the stringers, but I'll have to think hard about that...

Also heard from Walt at Valley Lumber that my new Versalams are in. I went by to talk with him tonight about delivery and they'll be brought over Saturday. He said he looked at the long one and it looks good, didn't open the short one though. They've also got them in the warehouse so they're not sitting out in the rain which I appreciate.

3 Hours