Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 49 & 50 - Cheating just a little...

Yesterday just one thing got accomplished. Gary, Daniel and Wes came over and we propped the hull up against the wall.


Today a lot more got done. I spent the evening building jig framing pieces. These framing pieces will to used to hold all the boat pieces together (stringers, transom, shelves, bowstem and hull) so that the sides can be attached. Once that happens I'll have something that'll at least float!

There are four framing jig pieces and a "horse" that is used to prop up the ends of the stringers near the front of the boat. The others ends of the stringers will sit in slots in the transom and will be cut flush just before everything is epoxied together. I didn't quite finish attaching all the framing pieces to the jig as I somehow managed to break the tip off two separate phillips bits. Go figure.


I'm out of town for the next four days so nothing will happen until Monday when I'll finish mounting the framing and then start hanging things off it.

3.5 Hours