Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 47 - Extra bodies...

are a good thing too!

Today was a slow day, but another big one. There was nothing to be done working on the hull as I was waiting for the epoxy to cure so the hull could be flipped tonight.

In reality, there are lots of things to do, like building more jig pieces and getting ready for the next steps, but all of those would have involved getting stuff out and moving stuff around and in general making a mess that we would have had to work around to flip the hull. So I spent part of the day doing errands and part of the day thinking through the next steps and starting to plan for the turning of the boat. There are a lot of things to do before then, but...

Anyways, I called some friends and convinced them to come over to help and while I was expecting three, I got five! Gary brought his son Daniel and friend Jon, and Wes and Jerry came over. After talking about the boat for a few minutes, we spent a minute talking through the flipping process and another minute doing it an voila'! it was done!


I peeled the blue tape off the bottom seams and did some scraping on the edges of the chines where the epoxy had dripped. Tomorrow I'll need to take the grinder to the areas where epoxy that ran through the keel has really set up. Then I'll glass and epoxy the bottom of the keel with three layers of 10oz glass.

2 Hours