Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 69 - Flippin' Ridiculous!

The past week we've gotten almost two feet of snow and tonight we're suppose to get another foot. Why does this matter to my boat building? Because I keep having to stop working to go sweep the snow off the shed. Going to be a long night. Sigh.

Anyways, the second side was was fiberglassed today.



Yes, it was still raining, but not nearly to the extent it was yesterday. That may change as it's supposed to warm up towards the middle of next week.

The only thing left to fiberglass is the transom, and I'm planning to do that tomorrow. It's relatively small compared to the sides so it should go quickly.

I spent a lot of time today sitting under the hull planning ahead. Not for what's next; that's obvious, flip the hull, glass the chines and stringers, build a forward flotation tank; but what's next-next; things like plumbing, wiring, where to put fuel and water inlets, batteries, fuel tanks and layout among lots of other things. I'm building a mental picture of what I want and then I have to mentally plan the steps.

Less book and more customization. :-)

5 Hours