Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 78 - Diversions

Somedays the best laid plans go awry.

Everyday I religiously check Craigslist just to see what's in the boat section and this morning before going to bed I checked and lo and behold what do I find? A King boat trailer for a 27' boat, three axel and rollers for $4200. First thing this morning I texted the seller and arranged to go look at it. We chatted about it, I offered $3500 and he took it. I pick it up tomorrow.

Woo Hoo!!!

About four months early, and a little ahead of the budget, but I'll take it.

I went back to the shed and worked on applying another layer of epoxy and was pleased to see that the tent was doing its' job.


After four hours I went back to check on the epoxy and pull the tape.

Before...


After...


Looks nice doesn't it. Now you'll notice that the finish has gone from almost smooth to this...


I'm not sure why, but I'm completely good with it. One, it hides my screw ups :-) and two, I think this actually looks pretty cool.

No boat work tomorrow as I have to work tomorrow night, but that's ok as the lumber for the spray rails is still drying. I flipped it over and screwed it back down to the floor.

3 Hours