Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 119 - Nope...

still don't like painting. There's a lot of it in my future, but it's still the most tedious part of this boat building thing. Anyways, I painted the insides of the storage lockers, the bottom side of the bunk decks and the bottom sides of three hatches. The fourth is in two pieces because of piecing the two deck pieces together, it'll be assembled tomorrow with fiberglass when I can line them up in the hatch.






Tomorrow morning I'll flip all the pieces and paint the top sides. Too, I'll assemble the split hatch pieces. Tomorrow night I'll flip them again and apply a second coat plus repaint the storage lockers. Sunday I'll install the hardware and install the deck into the boat with peanut butter on the nailers, and fillets and fiberglass on the hull-to-deck joints and the flotation tank-to-deck joint. Monday and Tuesday I'll paint the rest of the inside of the cuddy.

Such fun! Bah. Can't make sawdust while I'm painting.

2.5 Hours