Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 125 - Details

Another day of small things. Simple to describe really.

Filleted and fiberglassed the joints of the belly tank box, finished painting the bare wood with epoxy and squirted epoxy in the voids in the plywood.


Next up was sanding the hatches for the cuddy, the deck in the cuddy and repainting same. I couldn't figure out where the bumps in the paint had been coming from and then it dawned on me; I hadn't been tipping the paint after using a roller. Tipping is a process where by you lightly drag a brush over the freshly rolled paint to smooth it out and pop any bubbles that were created by the roller.

Last I took the unscrewed the brace that was holding the two halves of the center storage locker hatch together, coated the surface with epoxy and put a large piece of fiberglass on it.


More sanding and painting tomorrow. I'm getting close to being able to install the hardware and the hatches. Plus the Bilgekote painting will be done around the belly tank structure. I think Saturday I'll be able to start building the rear bulkhead. I've already got the 3/4" plywood for the starboard side, I need to get a sheet of 1/2" marine plywood for the port side and I need to do an inventory of 2x material. I also need to figure out how much more marine plywood I'll need for the sides and roofs for the cuddy and cabin.

3 Hours