Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 126 - And the paint goes on...

and on and on...

Sigh. I really don't like painting. I know, whiner, suck it up. :-)

I think the hard thing about painting is once you start, you can't do anything that puts dust in the air which stops the boat building cold. Now if I had a paint shed...

Anyways, tonight was a painting only night. The other side of the storage hatch lids and doors were done tonight. The center hatch and big door will need more paint yet, but everything else is basically done. It's awfully white in that cuddy!




After scraping all the white enamel paint out of the roller it was time to do the last of the bilge areas between the stringers. I vacuumed and scrubbed the area next to the stern, redrilled the holes from the belly tank area as I had covered them with peanut butter and fiberglass (oops!) and got to work painting. The corners and hard to reach areas were done with a brush, then I just poured the paint on the deck and used the roller to spread it around. Caveman painting! Urg, Grog don't need no pan to use a roller! :-)





In the two photos above you can see the freshly drilled holes as well as the notch that was cut to allow drainage from those side pockets.

Tomorrow I'll cut the braces to go on the hull to support the deck and probably cut the deck pieces as well. I'll have to cut some strips of 1/2" plywood to raise the level of the stringers too. If I can get all that done it will be a very successful day.

2 Hours