Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 132 - One piece, two piece, three piece

Deck!

After thinking about it the past couple days I came to the realization that installing the last of the deck and the two halves of the rear bulkhead are going to be a jigsaw puzzle just like the front cuddy. I can't install the rear bulkhead pieces without the rear deck in place to help line them up, but I can't install the rear deck and still install the rear bulkhead. So... It will have to be done all together; the rear bulkhead pieces set in place and pushed forward, the rear deck installed and the rear bulkhead pieces pushed aft and installed.

So I started cutting the rear deck. It's going to be one piece for strength and so I don't end up with any more seams.I got very close to having it finished last night, but it's a little long right now so I'll trim it tonight.


You can just see the raised lip on the port side. I'll fix that and then I need to cut a little piece out of the forward edge to make room for when the tank expands and the fuel sender unit on the tank rises. I'll get a picture of that tonight which will make things more clear.

I've also decided on the door width; it will be 22". I could go 24", but then the top corner of the door would hit the curve of the roof and I don't want that.

2 Hours