Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 186 - 150W touch test

Well, the sanding on the outside is basically done.

After finishing sanding the sides the detail work began. I have a portable light that I put a 150W CFL bulb in; and with a pencil in one hand and the light in the other I worked my way around the boat finding the last of the areas that needed to be sanded by holding the light about a foot away from the hull and my fingertips to verify the high and low spots and circling them with the pencil.

Once the identification process was done I went back with the small sander and either flattened the high spots or feathered the low spots. I was also looking for shiny areas that meant they hadn't been sanded very well and those got a little more work as well.


Not so shiny any more!

Tomorrow there's some touch-up sanding to do on the cuddy roof, plus around the front window frames,I need to sand even the surfaces of the side window openings and some final work on the transom opening. A little epoxy work and then sanding it Friday morning, a wipe down of the entire hull and painting can begin!

Only five days late. :-)

4 Hours