Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 192 - Hull painted!

I think. After a couple days off because of work I was able to get back to it today.

My friend Kim came over and started filling all the pinholes in the sides. At one point she commented that it would be simpler to just completely coat both of the sides. I offered a six inch putty knife and got a dirty look in return. :-)

While she filled pinholes, I was busy making epoxy to coat the last of the uncoated wood on the outside of the boat and some peanut butter in strategic places, painting primer on the unpainted wood and peanut butter inside the battery bays in the back of the boat, primer on the faces of the edge of the roof and the underside of the roof outside the door, sanding the inside curves of the side windows smooth and fair, sanding the roof of the cuddy and the bow pulpit, painting primer on same.

After a dinner break I smoothed the spackle on the hull and applied what I hope is the last (sixth) coat of paint. One last critical look tomorrow and if it's good then it's done! While I had the maroon paint out I applied the first coat on that roof edge.

3 Hours - Kim
8 Hours - Me