Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 191 - Maroon, white and primer

That was the plan for tonight, along with epoxy, peanut butter and sanding. Almost all of them got done. ;-)

Started out this morning by coming in very early and filling more pinholes. Hopefully I've got them all, another look tomorrow morning will tell.

Tonight I started by doing some relatively messy peanut butter work. The panels at the rear of the deck needed to be reinforced at the joints so I reached inside and where I could get to I applied a fillet.



Those black things are the battery trays. They've been laid in and two bolts dropped through their holes to push the peanut butter into shape.

Sanding was next and I hit a lot of areas. Up around the radar mount, around one of the forward window frames, around the bow pulpit, the edges of the side windows and the face of the window thickening strips, and all the way around the edge of the roof. Then I grabbed a extra fine grit sanding sponge and lightly sanded the hull knocking down the high spots.

Last for the night was wiping down the hull with a tack rag and putting on paint coat five.

3.5 Hours