Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 194 - Sand and paint

Sand and paint...

I may not like doing it, but I'm getting lots of practice.

First, from yesterday, here's the back side of the fuel fillers.



That black line in the bottom photo represents the height of the seats.

So today was all about a lot of sanding and painting. I spent five hours sanding the epoxy work around the front windows from yesterday, the underside of the roof forward of the windows, both the inside and outside of the extension of the sides that leads into the rear deck, the bits and pieces above the side windows and below the roof edge, inside the front windows and the area just behind them, some work cleaning up the edges and bottoms of the shelves in the rear deck and part of the rear cabin wall on the deck side.

Five hours later it was time for painting. The tops of the shelves, sides, those bits above the side windows, cuddy roof, front windows front and back (which was a mistake, duh, need to glue the windows in first!) and that area in the cabin.



Then the last coat of paint was put on the hull. Why is it the last? Because I pulled the tape, that's why! :-)


Pooped I am. I need to fill pinholes and add one more coat of primer, then I can begin with the white paint on the topsides. No more sawdust for a while!

8 Hours