Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 148 - Tiny bubbles...

Or pellets would be more accurate.

Tonight was spent pulling 100+ screws and washers from all over the boat. I've been leaving them in, probably longer than I need to, to give the epoxy extra time to set up. The ones in the ribs gave me the most problems tonight. Around half a dozen of them snapped the heads off when I went to back them out. A few of them have tips sticking down through the plywood into the cuddy, so they'll have to be found and ground down.

I then worked on installing the foam insulation between the ribs. It's made of EPS foam, the stuff that breaks up into little pellets, surfaced with a shiny reflective side (that was put face down) and a clear side. The pieces were cut to a pressure fit.



To mark the inside corners of the space for the hatch I intentionally ran screws down through the plywood and circled them underneath with the Sharpie, then pulled the screws back out.

I had hoped to get the second layer of plywood on tonight, but ran out of time for running power tools. I don't run them after 8:45pm to keep from bothering the neighbors!

I've got tomorrow off so I'm focusing on getting the cuddy roof on and fiberglassed, getting the upper side panels trimmed, the windows cut out and fiberglass on at least one side.

2.5 Hours