Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 163 - Roof skins

After making a run to Home Depot to pick up a gallon of white Rustoleum that I forgot to get yesterday I got back to work on the roof.

After pulling the screws and washers from yesterday the insulation was next. Two plus sheets later it was done.


I put a single long screw through the middle of the square of plywood as a marker and went inside and circled it with a Sharpie.

Then it was off to installing the 1/4" plywood panels on the roof. Typical mark the lines, paint the big areas, epoxy the line areas, epoxy the strips on the roof, apply peanut butter to the critical areas, set the panels on the roof and screw them down.



It's starting to get a little close to the roof on the starboard side, but I can still slide between the boat roof and the shed insulation. I'll be glad when this area is done as I end up pretty sore after working bent over in that area.

So I'll give the roof a day or two to set up, then I'll trim all the edges, fiberglass the top, install grab rails and rub strips and then the outer trim piece will go on. Paint, and it'll be done. Hopefully by next weekend.

Tomorrow I'll work on routing out the door and windows and do some sanding on the sides. I may also do some work in the rear deck area. Maybe the side windows too. We'll see.

8 Hours