Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 147 - Meditation

Slight change of plans from last night. After I pulled all the ribs off tonight I decided to add a layer of fiberglass before I epoxied and reinstalled them. So I cut two pieces of glass and laid them down then started epoxying the strips.

Take the screws out, coat the inside layers of of the plywood, line them back up, coat the bottom of the bottom strip of plywood and screw them back down. Add more screws and washers as needed to pull things tight. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

On the front edge I added a second rib right behind the first. I think the angle that the front takes will probably leave so little support to the upper piece of plywood that it just seemed prudent.

Last up were the long strips along the sides. I carefully selected eight strips, coated them with epoxy, and then starting the the cabin end, screwed them down as I bent them inward. I only ended up with one partial break, but it happened after I had screwed everything down, so I drove two screws on either side of the break to hold it in place until the epoxy sets up.



A shame it will disappear tomorrow, but it sure looks good tonight. Tomorrow will be insulation and the top layer of plywood.

6 Hours