Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 154 - Do, or do not

Yes, I worked last night. No, I didn't post. Got to the shed last night and was going through a major case of pity party. Pulled some screws, trimmed some green glass and went home. Not hardly worth mentioning.

Tonight, I went to Home Depot and wandered the store, really with no plan, but did pick up a six pack of thin poly sheeting and went back to the shed. After moping around for a while; me, myself and I had a serious butt-kicking conversation. Basically I chewed myself out, cranked out a few motivational statements and decided it was time to get it in gear.

"Do, or do not. There is no try" - Master Yoda

Grabbed the small sander and sanded down smooth the cuddy roof. Then went up one side and shelf and down the other. Swept everything clean, marking the spots that needed to be filled in with peanut butter. Then made said peanut butter, filled in the spots and used the extra to start a fillet down the port side starting near the bow.

Measured the cuddy roof for size, cut a full size piece of triax to start with. Marked the cuddy roof for the width of the fiberglass and made the first of three large batches of epoxy. Coated the roof where the fiberglass would go and laid it down, overlapping the edges by about six inches. Rolled out the wrinkles, filled in dry spots on the top, then did the same on the sides.

Measured what was left of the uncovered roof, and repeated the process. Used what was left of the epoxy to make peanut butter and continued the fillet down the port side.


4 Hours