Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 152 - Whoda guessed?

That fiberglassing just three pieces of wood would take three hours?

Yep, I fiberglassed the three roof supports tonight. First I cut strips of fiberglass that would wrap three sides, then I laid down a piece of poly to work on and made some epoxy.

I'd take each piece and epoxy one side and then the bottom rounded edge. Fiberglass was applied to the side and then the piece was rolled up on the unepoxied edge and the glass wrapped over the top (well bottom) rounded edge and then the piece was laid down on the epoxy/fiberglassed side and the fiberglass was laid down on the other side after applying epoxy.

Each one was done this way and man is it time consuming trying to do a really good job. I have no idea what the side on the bottom looks like, we'll see tomorrow.

I also put fiberglass on the one last joint to be done, the port rear side panel joint that I had to fix the damage to the other day.

No pictures tonight as the phone battery went dead. I'll get some tomorrow before I start and update them into this post.

Update: Here's the photo.


3 Hours