Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 11 - Raising the comfort level

I've been fretting the past few days about the visqueen ends on the shop so I decided to do something about it. I bought two additional tarps, 16'x20', and installed them on the ends. Not only will they keep the light in, but I think they'll be much more durable in the wind. A few more outside battens and they'll be done.

I've also started to lag bolt the side walls to the floor and add some additional bracing. I don't want to overbuild or make things so stiff they can't flex, but I also don't want things coming apart. Time spent now means less worry later and money spent now could very well save me a ton later.

I left a fan and heater running last night to start drying things out and it was noticeably warmer tonight which is a good sign. After finishing the lag bolts and support tomorrow I'll start to add an internal layer of visqueen to add a little insulation with an air barrier.

Here's a picture with the new tarps. Looks pretty respectable don't you think? No blue tarps here!


3.5 Hours