Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 7 - Another beautiful day

And I made good use of it. After getting a late start, almost noon, (had to do laundry you know) good progress was made. I got 6 mil poly on the ends, two additional support knees for the center posts (they were moving too much for me to be comfortable) and then worked on the tarp.

I doubled the number of grommet holes and then contemplated how to get the tarp over the top. I finally just decided to put ropes on the corners and one in the middle and try to pull it over. Worked well! Cinched down the ends and then installed battens along the side. Drilled holes in the side for the eye bolts and mounted those and then installed the ropes over the top.

No door today, ran out of gas. So tomorrow I will get the rest of the ends covered with poly, the last rope in place and work on the door. Then I'll work on the layer of poly on the inside and I should be ready to start boat building!

Here's the pictures for tonight.




6.5 Hours