Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 8 - And being an electrician...

Never thought being an electrician would be part of this project. I bought two fluorescent lamps tonight for lighting and after plugging one in and having it on for about 15 minutes the GFCI outlet tripped. What the heck? So for the next hour or so, every 10 minutes I'd have to go reset the outlet. Tried the other one and the same problem. So I did what work I could with the fading light and mostly got the door done and finally gave up.

After some research tonight it turns out that the newer digital fluorescent ballasts and GFCI breakers don't play well together so I'm going to have to do some research and come up with either a better GFCI outlet or an alternative lighting solution. Daylight is rapidly shrinking and I'll need to the lights to get any work done.

Too dark for photos and not much to show anyways.

3 Hours