Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 18 - Lots of sawdust!

Did a lot of cutting today and made good progress. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

First off the plywood and versalam got delivered yesterday. The yard had them Tuesday and failed to call me. :-( Some of the plywood got wet and the versalams are very wet, but they'll dry.


Doesn't look like a boat! Doesn't look like a thousand bucks either. Ouch.


19 feet of Versalam. That thing is looonnnng.

And then my Red Green HVAC system.


Heater on the right, box fan with filter in the middle, dehumidifier on the left. The box fan and filter are working so good it looks like this...


This works so well I'm going to add another fan and put three filters side by side to span the fans. The accumulation on the filter is just from today. Speaking of which, I started cutting that $1000 up today. Cut the plywood to width with my 7 3/4 Skilsaw with only a minor boo-boo. This is what happens when I get too excited and forget to reset the height on the Skilsaw.


Oops.

Then built a jig to mount the 10" Skilsaw I rented and cut some scarfs!


That contraption is heavy! Must weight thirty pounds but it does the trick! Got all the 1/2" sheets of plywood cut, will do the 3/8" and 1/4" tomorrow other things to do today.

Kind of a sunny day, this is how bright it is inside with the lights out.


But at night, no light gets out, so I've a good compromise.

Dad finally got home from moose hunting and he thought the shed was commercial. That qualifies as high praise. Mom came home last night and visited today and proclaimed it looked larger on the inside than on the outside. Probably won't look so big once the boat starts to go up!

2 Hours yesterday, 4.5 Hours today, termination snow on the mountains!