Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 196 - Looks different now!

Yep, it definitely looks different today.



Sweet! Now this first coat of paint looks pretty good in the photos, but as I'm putting on thin layers this next photo shows what it looks like tonight.


It you look closely you can see the brown of the primer glowing through. Each successive coat will make the topsides more white. I think the third coat will probably be the cover coat, further coats will be for thickness.

I also added another coat in the battery bays...



I still need to primer and paint the last fillets Brian did, but that will wait until the next time I am doing something bigger. Hate to waste a brush on just that!

Last for the night was painting the storage space on the port side forward of the tank.


There's more woodwork here to be done obviously, but that will be a real nice place to put things. A couple waterproof boxes and I'm set!

I won't be spending much time working these evenings while I'm painting the topsides. Absolutely no dust!

2 Hours