Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 221 - Exhaustion sets in

Another strange day. After visiting a friend in the hospital this morning, and doing my laundry I was really hungry. So I went and had a steak for lunch! Went over to the shed and after opening things up I went in the cabin and sat down.

And almost fell asleep sitting there.

Huh.

So I went into the house and laid down on the couch for a nap.

And woke up four hours later. :-)

Felt much better, but it kind of shortened the work day. :-)

Spent the evening doing epoxy stuff. Not quite the last, but pretty close.

I epoxied the support strips for the hatch over the porta-potty.


The fill-in strip on the starboard side was liberally peanut-buttered and screwed into place.


Then the same was done on the panel on the port side.


More peanut butter was pushed under the bottom edge of the panels, port and starboard, to fill the gap to the floor.

The fixture that will be used to cover the center tank fitting and hoses was first glued together and then fillets were put in the corners.


A thin slightly runny batch of peanut butter was made to fill the low spot created when I had to cut the port side plywood deck to get it leveled out. After taping off the end to create a dam the peanut butter was poured in and left to self level, which it did very nicely!


Excess left over was used to do the final fill work on the top edges of the transom at the transom well.



Building these areas up has been a multi-stage process of first putting in a large amount of peanut butter to the rough shape, sanding it roughly to shape, adding a second filler batch and sanding it to the final shape, and then this third almost skim coat to fill in the small to tiny divots.

I didn't take a picture of it specifically, but I used what was left of the runny stuff to fill the gaps left up front in the forward cabin wall where the plywood meets the rounded corners of the 2x4s. All four sides of the opening were done and you can sorta see that in the top picture.

Tomorrow I'll be back to painting as well as working on installing windows. If I have time I'll work on the wiring as well.

4 Hours