Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 219 - This and that

A lot of little stuff got done today. Long day, so I'll keep this short with lots of pictures.

Fuel tank vents got installed with a little help from my brother Ross. Starboard and port.



Hoses got connected, starboard and port.



Rear battery doors got installed and extra screw length was cut off.


Inside the starboard battery bay, the electrical equipment was installed. From top to bottom: automatic charging relay, battery cut-off switch and master grounding lug.


On the port side, the fuel filter was installed.


Wood working was next. The deck and supports over the porta-potty space were cut and put in place. Hrmmm... out of focus, sorry.


The brace under the port side deck was put in place, nailed down from the top and the holes filled. Then the lower side panel was cut to fit and the doors cut out.


On the starboard side the filler piece was cut and screwed into place.


And at the rear, the structure over the center fuel tank fittings was built.


Tomorrow all the wood stuff will get either epoxied into place, or in select places 3M 5200 will be used in case it ever has to come out.

I also spent some time working on the slider trays for the rear door. I didn't get enough UHMW, so I'm working on being creative. We'll see how it goes, but I may start over on that project.

Also today I went through all of my scrap wood and kept only a couple pieces of each thickness. The rest went down to the beach for burning. The process of finishing and clearing stuff in the shed is well under way as projects finish!

10 Hours