Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 218 - Surface area

Want a great example of how much increased surface area sand has over a flat surface? Try to paint it. I would guess it took three times as much paint to cover the sand covered paint from last night.

This morning started with another coat of white paint on the loose pieces. When I finished I glanced outside and noticed it seemed awfully bright and upon stepping outside it looked like it might clear up a little. Family came to town last night and I wanted to get them on a flightseeing trip, but the weather reports were calling for nasty weather for the next week so I thought we should try to go today. Well, by the time we took off about 2:30 it was almost completely blue skies and the icefield tour was amazing! Here's a few photos.




Afterwards I ran a couple errands and then had dinner with the family.

I ended the night by putting on the last coat of steel-blue and pulling up the tape. It peeled the paint a little on a couple corners so that will have to be cleaned up.



Long day with not much boat building, but there's always tomorrow!

3 Hours