Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 203 - Fixing a boo-boo

Well, I was right, I've a DDD to fix. Somehow the port side platform above the fuel tank and storage area on the forward interior corner ended up being about a 1/4" lower than everything else. How does that happen when I'm using a level on everything? Who knows...

So I used the jigsaw to make a cut to just shy of the wall and you can see how the plywood reacted.


Yikes and Yoikes! But it's good to see what good quality plywood will do. I bounced a couple ideas around for how to fix this and I think the best way will simply be a piece of 3/4" plywood stood on edge underneath the raised area.


More than enough strong, easy to implement and easy to hide. :-)

Afterwards I pulled the screws from the forward seat, carried it into the cabin and set it in place. It fits well, as do the drop in seat pieces. Then I turned it around and put it up in the rearward facing position.


I didn't get anything else done tonight as I started late after helping a friend fix her broken cell phone. Probably a good thing as finding and fixing DDDs put me in a sour mood.

1.5 Hours

p.s. I bought my motor today, a Mercury Fourstroke 150. Should be here in a couple weeks.