Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 201 - Building furniture

Today was a continuation of the cabin work from yesterday. The rear port side seat got some more adjustment cuts, trimming the back for depth and a couple edges to straighten things up. Two vertical strips were cut and mounted on each side panel creating a slot to drop a panel into splitting the space underneath the seat into storage area and fuel system area.

Then the process of epoxy, filleting and painting began. It was a bit of a puzzle mixing all three to get all the wood pieces installed, but it got done eventually.




The screws and washers are back! They're only temporary, holding things in place until the peanut butter sets up.

Work on the forward seat was next, and while in many ways it is a mirror of the rear seat, it has some differences. The seat has to be designed to allow it to face both forward and rearward. I've decided to do that by having slots for the seat to mount to. To turn the seat around, unslot it, turn it around, reslot it. That requires that there be some space under the seat for the slot stuff to be, so I increased it to allow foot space for the rear seat. I've also created storage space in the seat.

I got it all built and screwed together, tomorrow I'll fillet all the joints.


I may have to take it apart first though. I think it's about 1/2" too wide. Oops. :-)

9.5 Hours