Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 214 - Winding down...

Today felt a little unusual. While there is still a lot to do, in many ways things are winding down.

After another trip this morning to Home Depot for more white paint (which I may not need) and more primer (which I do), and a stop by Western Auto to get that last piece of vent hose I got back to work at the shed.

First up was dealing with the transom holes. The epoxy from yesterday had hardened nicely, but was still green so it was a little rubbery. That was about the best I could have hoped for as it made the sanding of the protrusion on the top holes and the carving with a razor blade of the bottom holes easy. After trimming the excess epoxy I clamped the jig to the transom and drilled out the 1/2" holes.


After staring at things for a while I decided that the only thing to do was to pick up the sander and get after it. The list of places that got sanded is too numerous to list and too many for me to remember, suffice it to say I spent fours hours sanding non-stop! There's not much more left to sand!


Installing the new piece of fuel vent hose was next (just to get it out of the way). I've left it long and will cut it to length when I install it.


Just to get some more of the parts laying around out of the way I installed the two round access plates and the square access hatch in the rear deck. Each was screwed into place, the screws removed and a dab of 5200 squeezed into the holes, 5200 applied around the bottom edge, the piece wiggled into place to spread out the 5200 and the screws put back in.


Then painting commenced. A whole lot of everythings got primered. Panels, doors, edges, seats, sides, insides, outsides. About the only thing left to get primer is the countertop for the galley and the captains area. Both of those have some special considerations and will be dealt with in the coming days.

After dinner, a whole lot of everythings got painted white. See list above. :-)

Here's the pictures.






Many more coats are in my near future.

There's still a few things left to build, but until I get some of this stuff installed and out of the way, there's just no room for making more of a mess!

I spent some time cleaning up and I'm starting to throw stuff away that I've kept "just in case". It's nice to get rid of some of the "stuff" and make space.

8 Hours