Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 216 - Cutting in line(s)

More painting tonight. All the white stuff got another coat, some will need one more, some will get flipped and the other side started. The non-skid areas got another coat of steel-blue, the color is growing on me.


Yes, the edges look horrible. Trying to paint a straight line on a curved surface is hard! And forget about taping these edges, they're not smooth enough to do that to.

Last for the night I worked on the spray rails. I had some almond paint bleed under the tape and it looked awful. So I bought a real fine angled paint brush and tried that.

For about six inches.

And realized what a stupid idea that was. The brush couldn't carry enough paint to get me two inches. I threw it away and grabbed a chip brush and went to town. Like most things on this boat, the more I did, the better I got, and by the end of forty feet, top and bottom, of spray rail I was doing pretty good. It looks much better.

I got three boxes in the mail today; the chartplotter, the compass and my wire order is here. I also bought a piece of UHMW from a local boat builder and that makes me very happy!

I have the next six days off, so I'm going to see just how close to finished I can get. The two barge companies have two barges each per week, so I'm hopeful the engine might be here soon!

3 Hours